Was your return filed with mistakes?

If you need to amend your tax return. Rapidtax is here to help!

Create An Account

Sign in

Why amend a tax return

If any change affects your tax return, you would have to amend your tax return

  • Incorrect personal information

  • Unreported income statements such as W-2, 1099-MISC, 1099-R, 1099-G, etc.

  • Unreported cash or non-cash charitable contributions that exceed $250

  • Missed deductions on a Schedule C for self-employed or business owners

  • You received an IRS notice to correct your tax information by filing an amendment

Amend your taxes online with few easy steps

Retrieve your original accepted tax return to create your account for your specific tax year.

Enter your completed tax information including the changes in your account

Contact our customer support team to submit your account with payment

Download, print, sign, and mail your amended tax return since you must paper file Form 1040X.

How to File an Amended Tax Return  


Customers who used Rapidtax to file their original Form 1040


Customers who did not file with Rapidtax*

*You will need the original Form 1040 accepted by the IRS in order to prepare an amended tax return for your federal and the original accepted return for your state.


  • It takes 1 - 2 business days to receive a PDF of your amended tax return.

  • You have 3 years from the date of your original return (including extensions) to File Form 1040X for a refund

  • You have 2 years from the date you paid tax

  • 3 weeks after mailing your return to the IRS to track your amended tax return

  • 16 weeks at most for the IRS to process your amended return once they receive it

Innosoft, Inc. 877-289-7580 Contact@rapidtax.com RapidTax.com $     363 N Sam Houston Pkwy E Suite 1115 77060 Houston, TX,

Your information is safe with us!

Innosoft, Inc. 363 N Sam Houston Pkwy E Suite 1115, Houston, TX 77060 © Copyright 2012 - 2024 Rapidtax.com, All Rights Reserved.