The e-file deadline was October 17th, 2016 for 2015 tax returns.
Do you happen to be reading this after the deadline mentioned above? No worries. You can still file your 2015 tax return. You’ll just need to paper file it instead.
How to prepare and paper file your 2015 tax return online?
Sure, the e-file season for 2015 is over. You’re not completely out of luck. You can still prepare your tax return as you normally would. You’ll just need to send it into the IRS instead of submitting it online.
For example, if you typucally use RapidTax each year, you can also use us for your late returns. Here’s how it works:
- Create an account with a unique username and password.
- Begin entering in your 2015 tax information to our user-friendly application. Feel free to contact our support team with any questions along the way!
- Continue through the checkout process and submit your return to be prepared on IRS tax forms.
- Print, sign and mail your return to the IRS.
When to expect your 2015 tax refund
That’s right, you can still claim your 2015 tax refund; penalty-free. Keep in mind that your return processing time can take about six weeks. This, in turn, means that you won’t receive your tax refund in the usual 21-day time frame.
Plan ahead for your 2016 tax return.
Although it’s simple enough to file late with RapidTax, it’s always more beneficial for you to file on time. Here’s how you can get on the right track for next year.
- Stay Organized: Have all your documents, receipts and income statements in order before you start preparing your tax return.
- E-File: Electronically filing your tax return is safer, easier and MUCH faster than paper filing.
- Choose Direct Deposit: Why wait months for your tax refund when you can have it within 21 days? Having your refund direct deposited into your bank account means you’ll receive your tax refund much faster than choosing to receive a check.
- Get Help: Use a tax service who can answer the tax questions you have. Don’t file your tax return without having your questions answered.