E-File Your 2014 Tax Return as early as January 20th!
Last year, the IRS announced it wouldn’t begin accept 2013 e-filed Tax Returns until January 31st. With the government shut down, there were plenty of delays.
This year, the IRS has announced better news; the 2015 Tax Season to e-file a 2014 Tax Return begins on January 20, 2015!
With RapidTax, you’ll be able to prepare your 2014 Taxes at the start of January. Then, once the e-file gates open, your tax return will be among the first submitted to the IRS.
How to Get Your Refund Early in 2015
Want your refund as quick as possible in 2015? We don’t blame you. Follow these steps to receive your refund as quickly as possible;
1. Get Organized: Gather together all your tax information, tax forms, etc. that you’ll need to prepare your tax return. You’ll avoid wasting hours of your time frantically searching for them last minute.
2. Create a RapidTax account: At the start of January, RapidTax will have the 2014 Tax Application aviable for users to enter their 2014 Tax Return information. With that said, create an account on RapidTax at the start of the new year and start entering your tax information.
3. Choose Direct Deposit: If you opt to have your tax refund direct deposited into your account than you’ll probably receive it within 21 days. Avoid having your refund mailed to you via an IRS check, it will take much longer.
4. E-File: Electronically filing is MUCH faster than paper filing. Thanks to sites like RapidTax, you can e-file your taxes with ease, avoid waiting for your tax return and refund to be processed via paper filing (and of course, you’ll be able to skip a trip to the post office).
5. Avoid Mistakes: If you mis-report information on your tax return, the IRS may reject your return or take longer processing your return. Either scenario will cause a delay in getting your refund. To avoid this from happening, double check the information you’ve entered before submitting your tax return.
E-File with RapidTax!
Starting on January 20, 2015, you’ll be able to e-file your 2014 tax return. Choose RapidTax and avoid wasting hours of your time on taxes.
1/29/2014: Photo via Caden Crawford on FlickrTax News, Uncategorized.